But my husband got involved, and it ended up as a table full of Snow Village with a few scattered Christmas cookies.
It's my fault for being lazy and asking him to bring in some houses from the cabinet in the garage. He just kept bringing in more and more.
"Look at this one!" he'd say. "And this one!" And the village grew and grew.
"What about the Village Bakery? You could have the cookies spilling out of it."
"No."
"The Market? The Coke factory?"
"No. No city pieces, just houses." (I didn't even know we had a Coke factory.)
"Oh look! Cows! And the barn!"
"No. Just houses." And on and on it went.
And then he started with the little people. The skaters, the sledders, the ice rink, the Santa...
"Sorry, there just isn't room for much."
"But you have to use the dad putting up garland," he said with a sad look in his eyes, as if rejecting the dad was the equivalent of rejecting him.
"Well, of course we need the dad," I replied, and handed him a cookie.
In the end, I promised that next year we would put out every single piece. It's been quite a few years since we last put it out, under the Christmas tree.
It is rather enchanting, especially at night.
I'm actually looking forward to next Christmas.
Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a cherry cheesecake bar with my name on it.
Happy New Year, everyone!

Hahaha it's nice for them to be involve because our plan change dramatically. Nice tablescape. Wishing you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! A new follower too ^_^
ReplyDeleteTablescape Thursday
Well the table is enchanting..it looks wonderful with the desserts at the base....and with the lights lit...wow...I love it...what brand are the houses I love the large size and yours are beautiful...I am with your husband more is always better...lol
ReplyDeletePhyllis, the houses are by "Department 56 - Snow Village."
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Happy new Year!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's alot of work - setting up the Village AND baking the cookies! You can't have one without the other...Lol
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and your hubby.
Linda at Beautiful Ideas
How wonderful! I love your narrative of the process, but the product is simply stunning! I always LOVE to see snow villages!
ReplyDeleteThis is the most stunning dessert table I've ever seen! So, so beautiful! I wouldn't be able to move away from it. Now I'm also looking forward to next year's display.
ReplyDeleteIt's magical...I love it. Can't wait to see everything next year.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Wow! That is quite a collection and it does look beautiful and delicious. Dianne
ReplyDeleteGreat post!! Your table and village are wonderful! (cookies look yummmmmy-believe it or not, I'm not cookie'd out yet!)
ReplyDeleteIt must be wonderful to have your husband help you out like that, especially so enthusiastically. We just put up all our stuff.. let's say it was like pulling teeth. LOL.. Your village is gorgeous. Love all the pieces especially when they are lighted. Wishing you warmth, good cheer and many, many blessings in the new year.
ReplyDeleteYour husband...is he a real estate agent? A city planner? Donald Trump? He could be any one of those with his appetite for more and more and more buildings!!!!!! SO funny! I think that once you get started, though, it would be hard to stop. Every piece brings something new to the table. And your husband was right: you just HAD to have the Dad hanging the garland!!! You guys did a wonderful job of staging the village with risers and neatly tucking the "snow" linen around it all. I'll bet it DOES look spectacular at night all lit up. Wow! Well, it turned out to be just perfect, even if the cookies:buildings ratio got a little skewed in the process! :-) I want to thank you for stopping by my blog a couple of days ago and apologize for not acknowledging that sooner. I have been sick since Tuesday and didn't even turn the computer on until this morning! I didn't even post for BNOTP this week!!!! That's unheard of!!!!! But thank you very much for stopping by. Have a marvelous and SAFE New Year!
ReplyDelete