Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My First Tablescape - Christmas Breakfast

Hello and welcome!  This is my very first blog post, my very first attempt at tablescaping, and my very first time using my new camera. So much to learn!



The breakfast table is set for Christmas morning.





The dinnerware is Lenox Winter Greetings-Green Band. The dark green chargers are by Gibson. I first tried Fiesta scarlet ones, but they photographed a little too bright.  You might catch a glimpse of them in one of the pictures.





I just love Catherine McClung's bird artistry on Lenox China.





This adorable "Joy with Cardinal" tablepiece  came from Stats in Pasadena, my favorite Christmas supply store.





The table runner was on sale at Kohls.  It looks like it was made-to-order for my tablescape.

 



And the back side of the table in natural light from the bay window.   The goblets are Mikasa French Countryside, brand new with the tags still on.  Our oranges are ready to be picked, so the goblets will hold fresh-squeezed juice on Christmas morning.





The peppermint and pine candle was a gift long ago.  Too pretty to burn.  The holly was snipped from the garden. It comes in handy this time of year.





Nighttime approaches.





Hmm, I think we need votives and a Christmas tree... 





The sequined votives are from Stats.  I suppose I should light them.





There, that's better!  All done!





 I hope to join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and thank you for visiting.











15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your very first tablescape...I am so excited to be your first follower...love your wonderful dinnerware...what a great job you've done on this setting...welcome to tablescaping...come over for a visit...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard... I will be looking forward to many more beautiful tables like this Christmas breakfast table. Wishing you a blessed Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so lovely. i love those dishes. The table is so festive and inviting. I love your new goblets.. and the evening shots are great.. Merry Christmas, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is beautiful!! Great job! Welcome to the world of blogging :-)

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautifully festive table. Love the cardinals, you have done a very lovely job here,
    and I know your family is gonna love it. Those plates are just so pretty and rich looking.

    Welcome to Blogland by the way, and sure look
    forward to seeing more of your tablescapes.
    It was a treat.............

    Merry Christmas,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your first tablescape, huh? You must be a natural! This table is lovely! I can't wait to see your future efforts! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to tablescaping! This table is a wonderful debut -- love all the cardinals featured and just the right touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Who would have know it was your first tabelscape! It's just stunning! Since your oranges are ready to pick, I assume you live in FL, as I am a former Floridian. I still miss our laden orange tree at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, butter my head and call me a biscuit! This is your first tablescape? Great job!!! We welcome you to the wonderful Land of Blog and to Tablescape Thursdays! You are going to have a blast!!! Just let yourself go, and you'll be soaring high in no time with confidence! Beautiful Lenox china. They have such fabulous patterns, and their Christmas china has always been my favorite. There is not one holiday-oriented pattern of theirs that I haven't loved. Your red goblets are beautiful, too. You will have many years of enjoyment with them! Nice touch with the sprig of holly in the napkin, too. I saw the rim of the red charger, and I actually liked it with this 'scape. You could have gone either way. Nice to have choices, isn't it? :-) Well, again, we welcome you with open arms and an empty chair for you at the table! Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the holiday weekend!!! We look forward to seeing you back here each week for Tablescape Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cottage in the Clouds,
    This is a stunning, JOYful tablescape! I'm enchanted with your evening photos! I'd say you're a "breath of fresh air"...Welcome to the Land of Blog...and to Tablescape Thursday!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful job! Welcome to tablescaping and blogging! A double leap! I think it's safe to say you're a natural! I agree with everything Alycia said! I especially like your Joy/Cardinal piece!
    Have a Very Merry Christmas!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful table...love the plates. The cardinals are beautiful and perfect for the season!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to TT! You've set a lovely table. I love your pretty china and that gorgeous runner. Hope to see you around week after week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to Dish Addicts Anonymous! Your table is a delight! Love the plates! I am a cardinal lover so I will have to keep an eye out for those. You seem to be comfortable already with your new camera, your photos are awesome! Welcome to blogging. As a newbie myself, I hope you enjoy it! Stop by for a visit sometime. Always room at my table :) Merry Christmas! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind comments.

    ReplyDelete