When I was setting the table I realized I was humming That's Amore. I wasn't really thinking "Italian" when I got out the trusty old "Hollywood Bowl picnic tablecloth," but you know, red checkered tablecloths do remind me of Italian restaurants. I'm not one to ignore the voices in my head, and pretty soon I was singing out loud as I put the tablescape together.
When the spoon hits your eye and new flatware you buy
That's amore
This table is kind of country cheery-looking in the morning, isn't it?
When the table you drape for a new tablescape
That's amore.
The dinnerware is Mikasa. Italian Countryside, of course.
Napkin ring, ting a ling a ling, add a little bling,
And you'll sing "Vita Bella!"
* Brrr-rinnnnnng! *
Hello?
Representing the estate of who?
Dean Martin? Really?
Uh huh. Uh huh. Okay.
No, a Cease and Desist letter won't be necessary. I'll stop singing.
You have a nice day, too.
Well, THAT was embarrassing! I bet the neighbors ratted me out.
So, anyways..
As darkness falls, "cheery" changes to "romantic" with the lighting of the candles.
It does remind me of an Italian restaurant. Can't you picture Lady and the Tramp enjoying their pasta at the table by the window?
I'm still humming.
*When new plates make you drool just like pasta fazul ..* I can't help it!
Is it stuck in your head yet? Hehehe! Sorry. Think about lasagne and garlic bread!
Arrivederci
From
Una Casa Nelle Nubi
Dinnerware & candle holders- Mikasa Italian Countryside
Chargers- Fiesta Scarlet
Ruby goblets- Mikasa French Countryside
Highball glasses- Waterford Lismore
Flatware- Reed & Barton Crescendo II
Basket-weave flowerpot with geraniums- borrowed from the patio
I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

I love it! I wish I had pulled out my red Mikasa stemware too, but mine was so unplanned! This is adorable! I love the red checked tablecloth and now that song is in my head too! I love the scene in the movie Lady and the Tramp where they are sharing the spaghetti and suddenly their faces meet! So cute! I love your napkins too (I didn't even have any on my table when I took pictures) It looks wonderful with the candles lit too! Love the Italian Countryside dishes! That's amore!!
ReplyDeleteI loved your Italian table, too! And you have Luigi!
DeleteI was sitting here nibbling a piece of banana nut bread, and I spit it halfway across the room with laughter!!! You are SO FUNNY!!! Voices in your head, huh? We'll all pitch in and get you help for that! :-) Cease and Desist Order....too funny!!! Beautiful table, and by night it DOES remind me of a cozy Italian restaurant...but not a "The Godfather"-spill-their-brains-all-over-the-table-when-you-come-out-of-the-bathroom-Italian restaurant. :-) The daytime rendition is PERFECT for a lively, leisurely breakfast. I LOVE your window treatments in the background, too! That's part of the fun of looking at tablescapes...I get to see the cool home decor, too!
ReplyDeleteHaha! It's so hard to take pictures of the breakfast table without getting the kitchen or family room in the shot. So I end up shooting into the glaring light of that window.
DeleteHi Nelle,
ReplyDeleteYour are hysterical, got a kick out of your post. When I read when the spoon hits your eye, I was thinking it's moon, then I read the rest and I cracked up. So cute!
Now about your pretty table. Looks very Italian with the red checkered cloth, and love the pretty red goblets, and the napkin fold too, and candlelight always makes it look more sophisticated and romantic. Very pretty, and yes, I could picture Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti...............lol
Have a great day hon, and thanks for stopping by to see my picnic
tablescape and for your sweet comments.
Blessings, Nellie
Thank you. You are so very sweet and I love visiting your site.
DeleteA beautiful red Italian table. I've got the sound of music in my head at the mo. It's school holidays and that movie has been run a few time around here lately.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn xx
This is a great post! You totally tickled my funny bone...so very romantic in the candle light...but to totally fresh and cheerful in the daylight...great job!!
ReplyDeletemeant 'so' - got me some happy fingers this morning!
ReplyDeleteThis is amore! I love the candle light, romantic dinner in red, all ready for Valentine's 2012, just beautiful! Nice job, very inspiring. Just dropped from TT. Hugs,
ReplyDeleteFABBY
I just want you to know that I'm sitting here at my desk playing around on the computer with my music going in the background, and all of a sudden what should come on but "That's Amore"!!!!!! I visited your page last night, but I had to stop back by now and tell you that! So funny!!! Every time I hear that song now I will think of your table!
ReplyDeleteLOL! You are too clever! I am smiling as I sing along with your new lyrics for That's Amore! Your table is wonderful -- very romantic with the red and white theme, and especially by candlelight! Thanks for visiting my table and leaving a nice comment!
ReplyDeleteYour table is wonderful and you'd better be careful with your singing or you'll need a lawyer ;-) Love all of your stemware too! That's my favorite Waterford pattern and I've never seen highball glasses.
ReplyDeleteThank you all! You've all been so kind to this beginner!
ReplyDeleteToo funny! What a great sense of humour you have AND STYLE! Love your table, m'dear! Your post is a real pick-me-up on this wintry day...
ReplyDeleteLinda at Beautiful Ideas
I love your table and I kind of sung along while looking at it! That's amore....Dean Martin sure comes to mind, my mother used to love him, lol! You cracked me up! Thank you, I had fun and thank you for your lovely visit too, let's keep dropping by. Hugs,
ReplyDeleteFABBY
Thank you for following me, I'm also your newest follower! Hugs,
ReplyDeleteFabby
I love music wherever I go too love this table setting. Sending you the Happiest New Year Wishes Ever. Just found your beautiful blog and have enjoyed looking around everything is so lovely. I'm now following so we can keep in touch, if you ever find a spare minute I hope you visit me sometime follow back if you like. I look forward to many more wonderful visits with you in 2012.
ReplyDeleteAlways Wendy
I have enjoyed reading all of your posts and I just want to let you know that I have featured your blog, and this particular post on my blog. It will publish on Friday morning, Feb.3rd.
ReplyDeletexoxo Bunny Jean
Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.
DeleteI really loved the red color that you used for your table setting. Everything compliments each other very well. Very cheerful indeed. Visiting from Bunny Hop Wednesday and I'm your newest follower. Have a great day!
ReplyDelete