Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Rose By Any Other Name

I suppose you all know what Franciscan Desert Rose looks like, right?   Would you be surprised to learn this is also Franciscan Desert Rose?   I was.






I found these pieces that are part of the Desert Rose line when I was searching Replacements.com with the term "basketweave."   I thought they were pretty and unique.  I'm a sucker for embossed china.  Is "embossed" the right term for it?   Anyway, they are made in Portugal for Franciscan.  There is also a cute mug which they didn't have in stock and  I haven't been able to find anywhere.





I could sure use the mugs and some serving pieces to fill out the table.  Oh well, that can be a new post when I find more stuff!  Mugs and matching embossed figural salt & peppers would be perfect.





I did finally get some Madeline flatware on sale at Cost Plus World Market and some napkins at Pier One.





The mercury glass hurricanes are Andrea By Sadek.





So are the charger plates.










Well, I need to go catch up on all of your blogs.   I was down with the flu last week so I didn't make the rounds.





I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to!




 I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.



11 comments:

  1. I have never seen that beautiful pattern. Oh gosh, they are so pretty. If I see any, I'll remember you and let you know. The chargers are perfect with those dishes.
    A stunning table.. Happy Earth Day. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling a lot better this week. Flu in Spring...NOT my idea of a good time! I had never seen or heard of this particular Desert Rose design. Wow...the things you learn! Your table linen, linens, and centerpiece go perfectly with it. You can just wrap those chargers up and send them to me right away. They are fabulous!!!!!!! I LOVE that design! Take care of yourself, and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This table is absolutely romantic. I drool with your chargers.

    Very pretty.

    Happy TS,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful pattern, don't think that I had seen it until now. I am in ♥ with your charger plates.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I have never seen Desert Rose done like this. I just LOVE your chargers. I sure hope you are feeling all back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! THese rose dishes are gorgeous! I totally love them, just the type I'm drawun to! Love your chargers too. Lovely table. Thanks for your wonderful comments.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Where do I begin. The charges are fabulous, the dishes are gorgeous, the centerpiece and candles are wonderful. What a beautiful tablescape. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely!
    Visiting from Tablescape Thursday

    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am hooked on those plates! As soon as I saw pink and roses, I am a goner! lol Your table is beautiful! I love the hurricanes too and the green utensils. You did a great job.Thanks for stopping by....
    Blessings my friend,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great charger plates. Awesome ode to green, my favorite color, especially the color of the Madeline flatware. Perfect for Earth Day! Happy Spring. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful china! Love that charger. I have the flatware,mwe don't have Cost Plus, but they sell on line.
    I am checking to see if Iam a follower, if not i will be!

    ReplyDelete