Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Autumn Harvest

Well, life got in the way and I haven't posted for a while.  Is it really Fall already?  Almost Thanksgiving?  Time is just flying by.  I'd better do a Fall tablescape before it's time to set the table for Christmas!






 I'll just pile all my Fall-colored dishes on the table all at once to make up for my lack of posting.
 





Today I learned orange is hard to photograph when there's little natural light available. I have lots of pictures that are either too dark or too bright.





I think the pumpkin plates are the only thing "new" to my blog.   They are by Cypress Home and I bought them last fall from Winterthur.






I found the matching bowl with spreader on Amazon.  The leaf bowls and the pumpkin salt/pepper shakers are from Pier 1, last fall. 





Assuming everyone will be busy next Wednesday and Thursday, I'll go ahead and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving from A Cottage in the Clouds.



Hopefully, I'll be joining Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish and
 Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.


Leaf plates and chargers - Andrea by Sadek
Orange dinner plates - Dollar Tree
Pumpkin plates - Cypress Home from Winterthur
Square chargers - Cost Plus World Market
Citrine wine glasses - Artland, from Amazon.com
Amber goblets - Marshall's
Napkins - Kohls
Flatware - San Remo by Hampton Signature

6 comments:

  1. those are the most beautiful pumpkins plates I've ever seen. I love the wheat on them. And the bowl. Goodness you have some treasures there. I love how interesting those plates make the table.. just gorgeous. As is the centerpiece. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding orange is hard to photograph without lots of natural light!!! Purple and blue give me fits, too. And don't EVEN get me started on red!!!!!! :-) I thought you perhaps had decided to retire from blogging. It's been awhile, lady! Nice to know you were just taking a little break. Glad to see you back! FUN pumpkin plates! They're the perfect topper to your fall stack. I sure wish I could have found that San Remo cream-colored flatware around here. It's so pretty. I have the black, but the cream would have been a great addition to my stash. Love the rattan chargers! I wish you and yours a happy and safe Thanksgiving week! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful! Love your pumpkin plates and the way you paired them. The napkins look great that way!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is my favorite fall table...love the colors, textures...everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and colorful fall table! I love the way you've stacked the dishes!

    ReplyDelete


  6. Awesome table.the colour combination is beautiful.love your leafy plates and thoughtfully done center piece arrangement.thank you for your visit.hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete