The dinnerware is Heirloom by Georges Briard.
The rice bowls, lotus bowls and tea cups came from a less exciting location -
the World Market at the outlet mall.
We had to order Chinese takeout twice to get four sets of chopsticks. (Stingy owner just wouldn't give them up. Only one set per entree!) I actually do have some nice ornately-decorated chopsticks, but only in single sets. I use them to secure my hair when I twist it up in a bun. Just one of those special skills of womanhood - being able to put your hair up with two chopsticks... or two pencils if you're going for the librarian look. Then if you need to mesmerize a man while asking a favor, you just pull them out and give your head the Super Model shake as your hair comes tumbling down. Works every time.
So this will be the Year of the Dragon. According to folklore, the dragon is the symbol of good luck. I could certainly use a year of good luck, and I wish it for you, too. Drat the luck, I have no dragons for my tablescape!
Mr. Helpful saved the day by toting in an old box of his
The blue cachepot and candle holders were borrowed from the patio. The teapot was from a crafter's booth at an open-air market. Hubby picked up the blue flutes at Dollar Tree and the pandam leaf chargers from Pier 1. I've sent him there so many times I bet they say, "Here comes that nice old gay man again," when he walks in the door.
Gung hay fat choy!
I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

Tonight's sitr fried rice would have looked great on your table. There's nothing about it I don't like. The napkins may be my favorite feature as I'm crazy for folding them.
ReplyDeleteYour Chinese table setting is beautiful! Love the charger and I do love blue dishes too.
ReplyDeleteThursday Tablescape
Beautifully conceived and executed. Thanks for inviting us for a peak at your wonderful tablescape. Cherry Kay
ReplyDeleteHow fun this is. Love the delightful figurines. What a great hubby who shops for you! I can't even imagine what mine might bring back if I sent him on such a quest....probably something completely different from what I had planned!
ReplyDeleteHubby loves to shop, and I'm currently housebound with an injury. I find the item online at Pier 1, show him the picture, and write down the name, SKU number and price. Then he calls five times from the store.
DeleteLove love love this table.. The red chargers are perfect and the sweet dolls are a delightful addition.I really think the blue bowls add a perfect element in that they are different. Congrats on the hubby coming back with what you asked for! xo marlis
ReplyDeleteI know I need to "mix it up" more with different pieces, but I just don't have very many things yet.
DeleteHee-hee, I love your humor! Your husband sounds like a sweetie, to search out goodies for your tables! The Heirloom dinnerware is really gorgeous, and it looks great paired with the blue and white from World Market (love that store!).
ReplyDeleteHe seems to be into it. He likes seeing the table set as if company's coming.
DeleteI am laughing so incredibly hard right now! I remember using chopsticks for my hair!!! What a fun memory!!! Never went with the pencils, though. I wore glasses, so I looked "librarian" enough! I applaud your sweet hubby for making the trip to pick up stuff for you. He is really putting himself out there! My husband does the same for me, but he looks like a deer caught in the headlights as soon as he walks in the store's doors, so they realize he's out of his element. He also walks around with his arms pressed closely to his sides like they make you do in the recess line in grade school. He's so scared he's going to knock into something and break it! The people at Pier 1 just laugh and laugh and laugh. Speaking of Pier 1, I looked there among other places starting last year for a dragon but was not able to find one. I even hit garage sales and thrift stores. No luck! We don't have a Chinatown area here, so I had to just do without, too. You picked out some really great stuff to convey the whole feeling of celebration for your table, though! The dishware is outta sight! You have a World Market OUTLET??!?!?!! Lucky girl!!! Don't I wish!!! Great table!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table...it is so inviting. How lucky to have a husband that shops...mine would be like a bull in a china shop!
ReplyDelete