Thursday, February 23, 2012

And The Winner Is...

Hubby informed me that The Academy Awards Show is this Sunday and he wanted to see an Oscar party themed table.






It was a last minute thing, so I scrambled to come up with something.  I decided to use my Mikasa Dynasty Black plates with the Pier 1 gold salad plates.





I printed out tickets and place cards.  I made the napkins from scraps of gold lamé.  I spent no money this week.





The amber bubble glasses are by Artland.





Personally, I think awards shows are rather boring, but any excuse for a party, right?





I wonder what they will be serving at the Governor's Ball.  My invite got lost in the mail.  Again!



Be sure to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch  for Tablescape Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. That clapboard slate at the end is so cute!!! Fun touch to the post!!! You did a magnificent job with this "last minute" table! You even put your Oscar on there so that we can all admire it, get envious of your movie success and create a bogus smear campaign against you saying you're dating Ryan Gosling. It backfires on us, though, when you get voted Best Tablescape in Romantic Comedy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you made me spill my coffee! Good morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job for last minute. And you just happened to have gold lame' hanging around waiting to become the perfect napkins? I like those candlesticks with the gold shades.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't everyone have gold lamé hanging around? My first attempt at the centerpiece included a top hat and feather boa.

      Delete
  4. Very glam table!! Love it and love that your hubby made a request for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tablescape! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments!
    xoxo
    Joy

    ReplyDelete