Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Fever

With the warm sunny weather we had over the past two weeks, the trees are budding, the bulbs are coming up, and there are even a few roses blooming on the climbers.  We've been spending all our free time on Spring cleanup and planting outdoors and even though we put six tied bundles and four cans of green debris out for the trash, there's still a lot to do.  And that's besides what the gardener does.  Of course, as soon as we got the annuals planted the weather changed and we had a couple nights of mild frost. It looks like they are fine, but our neighbor's Cape Chestnut tree is dropping all its new leaves onto our yard, right after we got everything cleaned up.  Yard work, like housework,  is  never done.

With Spring in the air, I decided to set the table with dishes Hubby brought home on one of his trips to Marshall's.  No, I don't send him there daily, but it's right next to the mail box store so he's gotten into the habit of popping in when he collects his mail.   Fine by me! *grin*





This pattern is Feathered Friends by 222 Fifth.  I think it's a sweet, pretty Springtime pattern.






It took me a while to figure out what to use with these dishes.  I never did find a suitable square charger.  I meant to order a pink tablecloth like the ivory one I frequently use on the breakfast table, but I accidentally ordered this satin-finish one from the same company.  Ugh, too shiny.  So I used the butterfly doily to tone it down a bit.






I found this vintage wishing well planter on eBay from the same seller that had the little baskets I used on Valentine's Day.  It could hold a votive candle. 





I shopped the house for the centerpiece.  This was a gift crafted by a local florist with  a real orchid plant in it. It's not blooming right now so I replaced it with a fake one.










I was hoping to find similar little birds in nests to use on the place settings instead of bowls, but it's either too early or too late, because the craft store had nothing.





But they did have wired butterflies to hover above the napkins. One must be flexible.





The centerpiece has similar butterflies, so it worked out okay.





I hope Spring arrives soon in your neck of the woods, too.





Obligatory candlelight shot.



Wishing you butterflies and bluebirds -
A Cottage in the Clouds


I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch  for Tablescape Thursday

8 comments:

  1. This has got to be one of my favorite spring tables yet! I love those dishes, and EVERYTHING else on the table, for that matter! The butterflies look wonderful, and your centerpiece is PERFECT! I don't use all caps lightly, so it means I really REALLY like your tablescape!

    Elaine
    Creating Wonderful Spaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely centerpiece and I just LOVE your dishes!!
    Beautiful Tablescape!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tablescape. Pink is so beautiful. Everything is lovely, your dishes, your centerpiece, the roses in your bowls and the pretty birds on the table. It looks so romantic with the candle light. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Kim
    Letters from the Shore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dishes! Pink is my favorite color and you did a fab job! A very romantic table!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely plates and the centerpiece is so elegant. I love the rose in the cup too. I am having a bit of spring fever also! Of course I love all the pink as I am all about pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen these dishes at Marshall's, and I love them on your table. I think they look fantastic without a charger. My brother was killed in a motocycle accident 13 years ago. He was a trucker, and his handle was Bluebird. Therefore, every time I see these dishes, there is special meaning attached. I was far too emotional to buy them the day I saw them, but I sure wish I had. They're all gone now. Anyhooooo...on to happier things! You did a fantastic job of forming a rose shape with the napkins! Very nice! The hovering butterfly just makes it that much more special! The tablecloth doesn't look shiny in the photos, but I can understand wanting to tone it down if it was shiny in person. I bought some pink runners from LinenTablecloth.com, and those suckers were s-h-i-n-y!!!!! I haven't used them for fear of blinding myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those new dishes are so pretty. I too have admired them --- they look wonderful on your pretty table and your centerpiece is the perfect compliment. Loving all your pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table! Love your dishes! Thanks for sharing Joann

    ReplyDelete