Wednesday, June 20, 2012

At the Beach

This week I'm taking Kathleen's challenge to set a table with "At the beach" as the theme.





I was happy for the chance to use the Sonoma Life & Style Seaside dinnerware and glassware I got on clearance last summer at Kohl's.





They had a variety of square and round dinnerware pieces to choose from, as well as the sculpted shell pieces.





The aqua glass vase filler, shells and resin starfish came from Big Lots.  I glued some of the shells onto wooden craft napkin rings.   One of these days I'll find some affordable aqua flatware, but today we'll use the San Remo by Hampton Signature.   The napkins are DII and the chargers are by Jay Imports, both from Amazon.





I had these candle holders in my cart at Amazon for months, but they were a little pricey for as seldom as I'd use them.   Then one day they notified me that "an item in your cart has been reduced."  They were about two-thirds off, so I snatched them up.  They're Baroque, but when I look at them I see seashells and waves and kelp swaying underwater.   I just checked, and they've gone back up in price. 





The glasses are full of underwater bubbles.  I like how the aqua shells and starfish are formed separately and pressed into the molten glass.





I borrowed the "treasure chest" basket from the sun room.  I have no idea where it came from, but I'd guess it probably held flowers from the florist.  I usually keep a potted plant in it.





The "blue hour" reflected in the pool...





Dinnertime!  I hope you enjoyed your day at the beach.




I'll be joining Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish, and Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.







20 comments:

  1. Oh my...what a perfect setting for this gorgeous table. I love your accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tablescape and gorgeous setting! I love those shell dishes from Kohl's and on clearance, too!! The treasure box look perfect with the shells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dishes are amazing. Love the candlesticks also. Your blue hour photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got those candlesticks.. they are such treasures. Your table is so pretty. The dishes are absolutely wonderful. You have set one spectacular table!! so in awe. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dining poolside is the ultimate psedo-beach experience!!! Lucky girl!!! I have some candlesticks very similar to yours that I picked up at Z Gallerie. They really are pretty cool, and 2/3 off is an amazing bargain! I haven't ever used mine, but I like the way you have used yours here to represent waves. Very nice! The table looks great, and I love your chargers. I bought some similar ones recently that I've yet to use and wish I could find more. They only had 6. I'll have to scout all around town at every Tuesday Morning to find more! Very pretty, and your blue hour photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This table is just gorgeous! Love the creamy white and soft shades of blue. Great addition of the candle holders, which definitely have a wave vibe. So pretty with the pool in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous setting. Just beautiful. Your garden and pool are lovely. Love all the elements in your tablescape. The tablescape is so attractive and inviting.

    The blue hour pics are especially elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and romantic. I love your tablescape. Cool and refreshing.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and elegant. The blue hour shots are spectacular! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your beach table. The treasure chest is wonderful full of shells :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous setting and your table is beautiful. Love all of your details. The table is elegant and perfect for a beachy theme. I love the Twilight photos. Thanks for sharing your dreamy table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty table just a perfect setting and love the tall candles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous blue hour shots and great table! Lucky you with that pool...

    I too had seen some similar candle holders at Z, but I let them get away.

    Thanks for your help with the yellow glassware recently -- I ordered 8 and am enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutelly GORGEOUS!! I will see you at Architectura Digest faster than me, lol.. I love the aqua and sea blues and all beach details with such perfection! I am drooling over this table setting and with the blue hour shots. Thanks for sharing and for your wonderful and kind visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is simply amazing! Those candle holders were worth the wait! Your attention to detail really shows in this table. Everything from the dishes to the napkin rings to the other accessories scream "beach"!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This tablescape is amazing!
    You made me want to head over to my nearest Kohl's. I need to watch for summer sales!

    Enjoyed visiting.
    I am a new follower-

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this one, best I have seen today. Every element is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The first photo is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those dishes! Perfect poolside table, love all your special touches. The candle sticks are amazing!
    Thanks so much for linking this beautiful table to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a gorgeous table and blue hour pictures. The Kohls beach dishes are perfect. Great post. Thanks for sharing. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete