Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Poinsettias

My inspiration for this tablescape is this  tablecloth with poinsettia appliques, embroidery and cutwork. 





It was on sale at Kohl's last year.





I wanted to keep it simple, so I used an ivy topiary for a centerpiece.






The tablecloth goes nicely with the poinsettia accent plates I bought with my Mikasa Italian Countryside.





The red ruffled plate separating the two Mikasa plates is Valero by Ambiance.  Glassware is Waterford Lismore and Mikasa French Countryside.  Sterling is Wallace Grande Baroque.





I haven't purchased any poinsettias yet, but here is a picture of one growing in the garden, just beginning to turn red.



I'll be joining Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish
and Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous table. I adore Mikasa Italian Countryside. I love your cloth, and how wonderful to have poinsettas growing in your yard. Visiting from Kathleen's Let's Dish. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty.. Love the tablecloth.. swoon. really gorgeous piece. And it's so perfect to bring out the mikasa salad plates.. Lovely lovely table. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty tablecloth and perfect with your poinsettia dishes! It looks so elegant with the ruffled plates (sigh!). The topiary is such a good choice for your table. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty table -- love the poinsettias! And the real one in the yard -- WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful...
    The live poinsettia is awesome, I can't even keep one alive inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love poinsettias! That tablecloth is beautiful and the ruffled plates just caught my eye! Love the layers you put together!! Gorgeous tablescape and how fortunate to have poinsettias in your garden!!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning tablecloth! A white tablecloth adds such elegance, I think, and your second photo proves it to perfection! I love the way you've stacked the plates, too -- just a lovely, festive table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful table. To pretty to eat on. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poinsettia are so intriguing to me and I envy you having them in your own backyard! I love how the ruffled plate looks like the poinsettia leaves. The tablecloth is stunning. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tablecloth! Love the poinsettia plates too. Your table is just stunning. What area do you live? I live in MS. Do you know if I can plant pointsettias in the ground?...Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Southern California. Here's good advice on growing them: http://pauleckepoinsettias.com/care/reblooming.aspx
      We lose them to frost sometimes, but I think your biggest worry in MS would be the heat. It can't hurt to try, rather than tossing them out after the holiday.

      Delete
  11. Your table is absolutely beautiful! I love your Mikasa china and stemware!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No way! You actually have a poinsettia growing outside??!??!?! I have never seen anything like that! I must sound like a total country hick, but I have just never seen a poinsettia growing in someone's yard! I don't know where I thought they came from...the moon? I don't think our climate or our clay-laced soil here in the Kansas City area would allow for it. Wow...I'm just flabbergasted! Pretty table! Your tablecloth is gorgeous and everything is perfectly coordinated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful cloth! Beautiful table, very elegant!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete