Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Saint Patrick's Day

I'm guessing there will be lots of gorgeous green tablescapes this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Irish linens, crystal and vintage china.  

I did a casual table in the breakfast room.





Mesa shamrock salad plates from Homegoods on top of Mikasa Italian Countryside dinner plates and Gibson dark green chargers.





Plastic shamrocks from the craft store are attached to DollarTree wine glasses with a spot of hot glue to make an easy-peasy holiday glass.  They pop right off when you need the glass for a different tablescape.






The embossed shamrock napkins are also from Homegoods.  The tassel napkin rings are from Marshalls, years ago.






Handmade in Mexico from recycled glass, these spiral coil glasses were a giveaway from El Paso Chile Company long ago.  Two glasses came boxed with a bottle of Snakebite Bloody Mary Mix.  Today they can hold beer or Irish coffee.





Corned beef with cabbage and potatoes are on the menu.  Maybe a little Bailey's Irish Creme over ice cream for dessert.





I'll be visiting Susan at Between Naps on the Porch  for Tablescape Thursday.

8 comments:

  1. Those spiral glasses caught my eye first thing, and the shamrocks glued to the stemware is so clever. All in all is is a very lovey tablescape in honor of St. Patrick.

    I will probably be having corned beef at my house, but I think I'll drop by your's for dessert!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shamrocks glued to stemware is wonderful! I love that idea! Your tablescape is very pretty. It all looks very festive.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great table. It is so festive and pretty. Love those shamrock plates and the way you have them layered. Very pretty.
    what a great idea to hot glue those onto your stemware. Very cute
    idea, and will sure be trying that out sometime soon.
    Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day,
    and keep those Irish eyes a smilin'

    Irish blessings to ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Your shamrock plates are TDF!! Love the way you layered them too. You did a beautiful tablescape and the shamrocks glued on the stems is a great idea! Enjoy your weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all this green...cute shamrock plates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg good idea with the hot glue on the glasses. Love the plates too. Going to have to find some of those great spiral glasses too. Your flowers are beautiful. I bet they smell good too. Happy St. Patrick's xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is beautiful! I love your dishes and stem ware.I wish we had some good stores around here, The down side of living in a small town, I drive an hour and still don't have a big chose.Your idea was great for the stemware. mmum... The ice cream sounds good,JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! Love your shamrock plates! Your spiral glasses are great! I can see those with an ice cream sundae in them! That's a cute idea attaching the shamrocks to the glass! Smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete