Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Here Comes the Sun


Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo)
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right


I think those April showers are finally over, so I'm going to try a tablescape outdoors.



Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right


This tablescape started last fall with the purchase of Tommy Bahama tropical leaf salad plates and solid green tablecloth/napkins on sale.



Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right


Later I found the matching leaf chargers at  Replacements.com



Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Once I decided to use the black placemats and Mikasa plates, the green napkins didn't work, but luckily I found Tommy Bahama African Orchid napkins to brighten things up. I found the Cambridge Silversmiths Bamboo Green flatware at One Kings Lane, and the palm leaf glasses on Amazon.



Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right




Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right
It's all right

Lennon/Harrison/McCartney




I'll be joining   Cuisine Kathleen for  Let's Dish and
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

21 comments:

  1. Can you hear me screaming all the way out there at your house??? I LOVE this!!! I am going to have to hijack those chargers from you, chick! They are the diggity bomb and a half!!!!!! You did such a great job with putting everything together, and the centerpiece fits perfectly into the mix! Of course, being poolside doesn't hurt! :-) I have those same Tommy Bahama napkins, but I have never used them. I don't know what I'm waiting for!!! Oh...now I remember...I DON'T HAVE A COOL POOL like yours!!!! :-) This is really terrific. One bone to pick with you, though: Now I'm going to have "Here Comes the Sun" in my head all day!!! Have a good one! Fabulous job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade of green. So refreshing and inviting. What a lovely setting.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and refreshing tablescape!!

    Thank You for sharing and have a wonderful evening!
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! The sun is coming our way just in time for the weekend! Those chargers are so nifty, and I'd love a dip in your pool. Visiting from Let's Dish. I am your thumb nail neighbor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful setting and lovely tablescape! Those chargers are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, truly magnificent in every way.

    Oh what a lovely pool setting backdrop - WOWZA.

    Very well done, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me think I am on a beach or my favorite cruise ship-lovely pool by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing!The colors, the feeling, the atmosphere. Just wonderful!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see a poolside tablescape and I love anything Tommy Bahama. Those dishes and chargers are wonderful with that tropical flair. Your backyard is a wonderful setting for this summertime table!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the tropical Tommy Bahama look. I have a tablecloth, but didn't know they made the chargers, etc. Lovely porch and pool area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tropical tabletop. I agree with The Scribbler, this is definitely Tommy Bahama! Great looking leaf plates, and I like the black contrast with the green. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! You just made me feel as though I have been on a tropical vacation. I really enjoyed my visit and I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love the leaf plates and chargers.. The orchid napkins are fabulous. Oooohhh.. There is just nothing that doesn't make me join you in song. Its so wonderful. Xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful table! I love poolscapes. I am missing my pool here in Illinois! I just love your setting....I want to come and sit in the sun and enjoy your table!
    A Beautiful Tropical Setting! I love the plates, napkins and chargers. A great table.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tropical table...♥ the green and black with the pool as a backdrop...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Give me a Mai Tai and a plumeria lei, and I could be sitting in this gorgeous setting til the cows come home....or dolphins, in this case, I suppose. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. This table setting is gorgeous! I love those tropical leaf plates. I have a variety of leaf plates, but nothing like this. I love green on the table, it pairs so well with so many other colors and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this table! Those Tommy Bahama chargers and napkins are wonderful!!! And thank you for reminding me of those lyrics. They were perfect with your tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! What a beautiful tropical table you have created! The leaf plates and chargers are so dramatic, and I love the napkins, too! This Beatles song will be stuck in my head, which is OK because I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very tropical! Love those leaf chargers and the napkins work great! Super table!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete