How about something sunny this week?
This tablescape started with the bee napkin ring on sale at Sur La Table last fall, when I was first discovering tablescaping online while recuperating from an accident. I thought it was so cute.
When I first saw it online, I showed it to Hubby and his reaction was a puzzled "Why would you want that?" "Well, Susan says you need a bit of whimsy," I replied. He grunted and walked away. So I didn't buy them.
Later I found this mug online at Pier 1. "See?" I told Hubby, "Those bee napkin rings would go great with this!" "I like that," he said. "Order it."
"And this cute sunflower plate." "Order it," he said again.
"Uh, Pier 1 doesn't sell online, and Sur La Table is out of the napkin ring online," I told him.
" *Sigh* So I have to go to the store for you?"
"Well, It's your fault for not letting me get the napkin rings before."
"Of course it is." he said, grabbing his keys.
And that was the birth of this tablescape. Months later I have more things to choose from to pull it all together... like the green Andrea By Sadek petal plates that match the green on the mug handle and leaf chargers that match the green leaves on the sunflower plate.
The San Remo flatware along with DII napkins from Amazon tie in with the bee and the pale maize background on the mug.
The rattan chargers go well with the sculpted clay sunflower pottery.
Glassware from Marshalls and eBay complete the look.
Hope your week is a sunny one.
I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
This table is amazing! The dishes are so beautiful and the little bee napkin rings are to die for :)
ReplyDeleteI think this one is just wonderful. It has such pretty colors and the thematic touch of whimsy that I absolutely love. The place settings are adorable, and I love the way the flowers really take prominence in the center. A terrific job!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Sorry about the accident, but glad it yielded a new pasttime for you and scored you some cool stuff!!! Sounds like a reasonable payoff for your pain and suffering! ;-) I love how the bee sits on top of the handle! That's pretty slick! I haven't seen that before!!! I practically live in Pier 1, but I haven't seen those. The petal plates are bee-YOO-ti-ful!!!!! Your husband sounds like a real sweetie! Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tablescape! Husbands should learn not to deny us - hahaha!! Love those napkin rings, especially, since I am a Georgia Tech fan and their sports teams are the "Yellow Jackets" - the colors of your napkin rings are perfect for them. I adore sunflowers, so the whole setting "speaks" to me!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you pressed your husband into service shopping for this tablescape! The bee napkins rings ARE adorable -- and how perfect with those mugs! Like Alycia above, I nearly live in Pier 1 -- love that store AND Sur la Table!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, I'm so glad you're better! First...I'm loving your bee table, your petal dishes are adorable and the other plates too, along with the great and happy centerpiece. Your hubby is a darling...sometimes mine is too, actually a lot of times lately, lol! Thanks for your sweet and kind visit. Wishing you a blessed MOTHER'S DAY!
ReplyDeleteFABBY
Beautiful sunny tablescape. Cute napkin rings too. I am your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteAnsolutely beautiful! I love the flatware! Have a blessed Mothers Day!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and commenting on my WaterColor post...it brought me to yours, which made me laugh. I think the husband/wife discussions about table pieces are all just about the same. It all may have been hard-won, but that makes it all the more enjoyable...he grabbed the keys and out he went to get them! Men are funny like that! :) ~Zuni
ReplyDeletePS - I meant to tell you just how pretty your table is...ALL the details (be sure to tell him how many comments you're getting on the cute napkin rings and mugs and plates...). All very pretty. ~Zuni
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful table! After a rainy & dreary week here, this was just the burst of sunshine I needed. I love it!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh...very smart hubby!!! ;) And a gorgeous table! Love the petal edges on each of your plates!
ReplyDeleteCute story! I love everything about your table! I'm your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table. My husband and I were at Pier One just today, debating over an item or two. We came home with a lovely set of outdoor chairs and now I hope we don't miss out on a few other things. Like you, I wish they sold online.
ReplyDelete